As much as I love clothes and the general act of dressing for the occasion (whatever that may be), I always feel like my best fashion years are ahead of me. With every year I age, I get more confident in myself in various capacities. (My mother always told me the women in my family age like a fine wine. I'll let your imagination run wild.) My confidence grows when it comes to my career, but also when it comes to being in my own skin and head (which from about 1997-2009 were riddled with the most asinine insecurities. Seriously parents, I'm sorry. Being a kid/teenager/young adult is not easy.) Back to the long-winded point I'm trying to make which is this: If I'd have it my way, I'd wear caftans all the live long day. But, since it's not yet the year 2050, and while I still have to show up at an office on a daily basis, I'll just have to settle for wearing them on weekends and vacations.
I've rounded up some of my favorite caftans below. Will you relish in them with me?
1. DKNY Colorblock Long Sleeve Woven Caftan - Currently on sale!
2. Naeem Khan Resort 2016 Collection - Won't you pretend to own this with me?
3. Proud Mary Indigo Shibori Caftan - Handwoven with locally harvested indigo from Mali, West Africa.
4. Linen Cocoon Dress - I love the simplicity of this dress and feel like I would wear it everywhere.
5. Vogue Caftan Catwalk - This shot is from a March 1973 issue of Vogue Italia. Click on the link for more great vintage caftan inspirations.
6. Hatch Collections The Caftan - This brand caters to cool moms-to-be, but as far as I'm concerned, this dress can be worn with or without a bump!